[OS X TeX] How to Pass an Option to a Package Loaded by Memoir?

Jesper Duemose Nielsen jesperduemose at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 09:06:18 CEST 2012

Hi guys!

I've been searching the internet but I couldn't seem to find a solution to the following: How do I pass an option to a package loaded by the document class? I am using the memoir class which, amongst others, automatically loads the appendix package and I want to pass the "title" and "titletoc" option to this package to get it to write "Appendix A" instead of just "A" in the body and toc. I have tried

\PassOptionsToPackage{titletoc}{appendix}
\documentclass{memoir}

but it doesn't seem to change anything. I don't know if it is because memoir not actually loads but rather emulates the appendix package? If so, is there another way to solve the problem?

I hope this is sufficient information - otherwise just let me know. Hope you can help!

Kind regards
Jesper