[OS X TeX] Minion and Minion Pro

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 8 07:07:15 CEST 2012

Michael,

I attempted to install Minion Pro fonts using your TeXFontUtility. The install seems to fail. I get the following error messages:

While trying to run command: cd /Users/richardseguin/Documents/tmp2401030;/usr/texbin/cfftot1 MinionPro-Bold.otf MinionPro-Bold.pfb;/usr/texbin/t1dotlessj MinionPro-Bold.pfb MinionPro-BoldLCDFJ.pfb
shell returned errorcode: 1
cfftot1: glyph 'sterling.oldstyle': warning: complex flex hint replaced with curves
cfftot1: (This Type 2 format font contains flex hints prohibited by Type 1.
cfftot1: I've safely replaced them with ordinary curves.)
MinionPro-Bold: already has a dotlessj glyph at 'uni0237'

While trying to run command: cd /Users/richardseguin/Documents/tmp2401030;/usr/texbin/cfftot1 MinionPro-BoldIt.otf MinionPro-BoldIt.pfb;/usr/texbin/t1dotlessj MinionPro-BoldIt.pfb MinionPro-BoldItLCDFJ.pfb
shell returned errorcode: 1
MinionPro-BoldIt: already has a dotlessj glyph at 'uni0237'

While trying to run command: cd /Users/richardseguin/Documents/tmp2401030;/usr/texbin/cfftot1 MinionPro-It.otf MinionPro-It.pfb;/usr/texbin/t1dotlessj MinionPro-It.pfb MinionPro-ItLCDFJ.pfb
shell returned errorcode: 1
cfftot1: glyph 'colonmonetary.oldstyle': warning: complex flex hint replaced with curves
cfftot1: (This Type 2 format font contains flex hints prohibited by Type 1.
cfftot1: I've safely replaced them with ordinary curves.)
MinionPro-It: already has a dotlessj glyph at 'uni0237'

While trying to run command: cd /Users/richardseguin/Documents/tmp2401030;/usr/texbin/cfftot1 MinionPro-Regular.otf MinionPro-Regular.pfb;/usr/texbin/t1dotlessj MinionPro-Regular.pfb MinionPro-RegularLCDFJ.pfb
shell returned errorcode: 1
MinionPro-Regular: already has a dotlessj glyph at 'uni0237'

While trying to run command: cd /Users/richardseguin/Documents/tmp2401030/TDS;/usr/bin/unzip -o enc-2.000.zip
shell returned errorcode: 9
Archive:  enc-2.000.zip
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of enc-2.000.zip or
        enc-2.000.zip.zip, and cannot find enc-2.000.zip.ZIP, period.

It quite after this last error message.  However, there are now these files in the /Users/richardseguin/Documents/tmp2401030 directory:

MinionPro-Bold.otf
MinionPro-Bold.pfb
MinionPro-BoldIt.otf
MinionPro-Boldit.pfb
MinionPro-BoldItLCDFj.pfb
MinionPro-BoldLCDFj.pfb
MinionPro-it.otf
MinionPro-it.pfb
MinionPro-itLCDFj.pfb
MinionPro-Regular.otf
MinionPro-RegularLCDFj.pfb

The Font maps tab does not show anything in texmf-local.

What could have gone wrong?

Richard Séguin