[OS X TeX] \jobname+3

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Sep 22 23:29:26 CEST 2011

Am 22.09.2011 um 13:30 schrieb Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard:

> In practice, these extensions are
> incorporated in pdfTeX, XeTeX and LuaTeX, so there availability is tipically not
> a problem nowadays.

Indeed we're using pdfeTeX nowadays. There is only one programme that is not eTeX aware: tex (plus initex). It's completely what is was ever before. When someone wants to use an eTeX enhanced tex command, then etex is available: a symbolic link to pdftex (pdfetex is also a sym-link to pdftex). The latex command then again is eTeX aware. (Because it's as well a sym-link to pdftex.)

--
Greetings

  Pete

A morning without coffee is like something without something else.