[OS X TeX] Texshop "open recent"

David Poole poole at cs.ubc.ca
Thu Sep 8 22:01:24 CEST 2011

Hi All,
Texshop 3.04 has changed the notion of what is the same file in its
"open recent". I use emacs to edit (because I want to use the same
editor for all my editing needs).

If I open a file called "foo.tex" in texshop then quit. It will appear
in my "open recent". However, if I edit it in emacs, then that file
becomes "foo.tex~" and I have a new "foo.tex". Now in "open recent" in
texshop, I will have "foo.tex~", which I can't open (and don't want to
because it is the old version).  This doesn't occur if texshop is open
while editing. Can we revert back to texshop remembering the name of the
file, istead of some other notion of the entity of the file?  I'd prefer
not to have to turn off backups in emacs.

Thanks
David