[OS X TeX] font difficulties (finding map files in homedir) in MacTeX 2011

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Sep 2 23:25:44 CEST 2011

Am 02.09.2011 um 21:43 schrieb John Owens:

> $ updmap --nomkmap --enable Map
> /Users/jowens/Library/texlive/2011/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/adobe/adobe.map

This is either the empty and invalid command

	updmap --nomkmap --enable Map

followed by a line of output from updmap, or it's the invalid command

	updmap --nomkmap --enable Map /Users/jowens/Library/texlive/2011/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/adobe/adobe.map

This command is invalid because you pass a whole path name to updmap. AFAIK updmap accepts only file names, i.e., the basename of the path name or the dirname stripped off the path name.

To cure the situation first disable the incorrect MAP file fragment, then re-enable it by its proper name, adobe.map.

--
Greetings

  Pete

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.
				– George W. Bush