[OS X TeX] Re: font difficulties (finding map files in homedir) in MacTeX 2011

John Owens john_owens at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 2 23:19:30 CEST 2011

Herbert Schulz <herbs at ...> writes:

> Again, your personal tree (for personal packages, fonts, bib files,
> etc.) is located at ~/Library/texmf (not created by default --- you
> build the tree structure as needed) as it has been for many years.
> That's the tree where you should be putting the map, etc., files.
> Texhash never mentions this tree because kpsewhich searches this
> tree directly rather than by using an ls-R file.

I understand, but I'm fairly sure that the sort of utility I'm using - one
that builds all the support font files - SHOULD be putting them in
~/Library/texlive/2011. For fonts, I expect enc, map, tfm, type1,
and vf fonts will be put in ~/Library/texlive/2011/texmf-var. In
~/Library/texmf go .sty and .fd files, among others. I'm happy to
hear other opinions on this, but this is what I've seen for years and
I believe it to be correct.

JDO