[OS X TeX] Texture and macro problems

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Oct 27 14:30:46 CEST 2011

On Oct 27, 2011, at 4:04 AM, M. Tamer Özsu wrote:

> I am using TexShop v. 3.06 and selecting an included file name and invoking ... macro generates an error:
>
> TexShop got an error: AppleEvent timed out.
>
> The file is opened, but I have to click "OK" on the error popup before I can proceed. Any ideas/suggestion?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> M. Tamer Özsu
> University of Waterloo

Howdy,

Since you're using version 3.06 you must also be using OS X 10.7.x (hopefully x=2 the most stable version up to date). <rant> One of the things I've always disliked about Applescript is that each version of the OS seems to change, sometimes subtly sometimes crudely, the meaning of the commands and I've often had to change (or rather ask for help by the Applescript knowledgeable folks in the group) the macro to get it to run. I've even run into cases with some Applescript macros that I use that won't run on other computers using the same version of the OS and visa versa. </rant>

Hmmm... maybe my <rant/ should have started one sentence earlier...

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)