[OS X TeX] Adding Classes to Latex WHile using texShop

"M. Tamer Özsu" ozsut at mac.com
Wed Oct 19 07:25:35 CEST 2011

You pub the .cls files in a directory that tex can reach. Most often you create a folder called texmf inside your own Library folder. The .cls files go in there. Typically, you create a number of subdirectories (or folders) inside texmf so that you can better organize your files. Here is a minimum setup to start with

 ~/Library/texmf/bibtex    (to hold any special .bst files you might have for bibtex)
                /doc       (I keep various latex related manuals, etc)
                /tex       (.cls files go in here)

Latex will then find them when you use them.
--
M. Tamer Özsu
University of Waterloo