[OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 48, Issue 1

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 21:15:30 CEST 2011

But what I want is a way to type "some text" and have it changed --
preferably automatically -- to the LaTeX form ``some text''.

How?

Surely this is a desirable, even essential, feature of any
LaTeX-friendly editor?

Or have I once again been spoiled by WinEdt under Windows, which of
course makes that substitution if you enable to preference for it.