[OS X TeX] Looking for CJK font character 当

John B.Thoo jthoo at yccd.edu
Wed Nov 30 05:53:35 CET 2011

Hi.

I cannot find this character 当 in the CJK character code table

<http://ash.jp/code/cn/big5tbl.htm>

I only need to typeset a limited set of characters to reproduce the example found in

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counting_rods>

in the second paragraph therein under "History."  Using the code table I managed to typeset all the characters I need except 当.

%%
\newcommand{\cjk}[2]{\CJKchar[Bg5]{#1}{#2}}

\begin{CJK*}{Bg5}{bsmi}
 % 当
 \cjk{167}{081}
 \cjk{164}{071}
 \cjk{164}{235}
 \cjk{169}{119}
 \cjk{186}{226}
 \raisebox{-0.3ex}{\cjk{162}{118}\hspace{-1.5em}\cjk{162}{121}}
\end{CJK*}
%%

If this is not the best way to do this, I am open to suggestions.  The above represents almost my entire experience using CJK, and I really don't know what I'm doing here.

Btw, can someone also provide me an English translation of the Chinese phrase in the Wikipedia example?

Thanks very much.

---John.
(I receive the digest)