[OS X TeX] How to use a TeX Gyre font

Raul Martinez rm.tech at mac.com
Tue Nov 29 06:32:29 CET 2011

Hello fellow TeXers,

I need to use one calligraphic (mathcal-type) letter in my LaTeX document. This single letter will be used in the document many times. The \mathcal command gives me a calligraphic letter that doesn't satisfy my requirement (not enough embellishment). I've determined that the font TeX Gyre Chorus provides what I need and have this font already installed on my Mac.

My question is, what command(s) do I need to use in my article to enable using the T G Chorus font?

I'm using MacTeX 2011, TeXShop 3.04, and Mac OS 10.7.2.

I wil be grateful for any advice.

Happy Holidays,

Raúl Martinez