[OS X TeX] where put MathTimePro2 & Lucida files?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Nov 6 00:19:23 CET 2011

On Nov 5, 2011, at 4:14 PM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> With MacTeX/TeXLive 2011 under Snow Leopard, should the PCTeX files for the MathTimePro2 and Lucida fonts go into the tree at
>
>  /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local
>
> or should they go, instead, into the tree at
>
>  ~/Library/texmf
>
> ?
>
> The help at http://www.pctex.com/kb/74.html says to use former (texmf-local).
>
> I seem to recall there was some issue concerning when runs updmap (or is it updmap-sys) in this regard.

Howdy,

I think there are instructions about installation of mtp2 on the PCTeX site.

I'd place all fonts and font related support pieces in the appropriate sub-directories of /usr/texlive/texmf-local/. You then need to run

sudo mktexlsr

so TeX can find the files (that isn't necessary if placed in ~/texmf) and then

sudo updmap-sys --enable Map=...

to make the fonts available. You need the `sudo' (and then have to enter your admin password) because TeX Live is installed with root ownership by the MacTeX installer.

Hope this helps.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)