[OS X TeX] IPad

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri May 6 14:26:55 CEST 2011

On May 6, 2011, at 7:05 AM, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> If at home you have a computer  running and connected to the internet then
>
> http://web.me.com/gerhardt/TeXOnline/
>
> would be a solution for typesetting including bibtex and makeindex.
>
> Claus

Howdy,

Is there some reason you don't use latexmk (or something like it) which will automatically determine any necessary runs of bibtex/biber and makeindex (even for such as the glossaries package). You can take a look at the latexmk engines and rc files that I use for TeXShop integration; they are located in ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Inactive/Latexmk/ (unless you already moved them two directories up into ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/) and ~/Library/TeXShop/bin/tslatexmkrc/. There also is a file that is created the first time any of the engines runs, ~/Library/TeXShop/bin/latexmkrcedit, for placing customizations when the engines execute.

The files can be customized to use the latexmk that comes with the newer TeX Live distributions rather than the one that is supplied with my additions.

Finally, are you actually using that first line or just letting pdlatex determine which wngine to use?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)