[OS X TeX] Re: biber error

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Mar 15 22:52:12 CET 2011

On Mar 15, 2011, at 4:28 PM, Alan Litchfield wrote:

> Thank you. This is important for me to know in advance especially since I have
> toyed with biblatex previously and with limited success. Much of the work I do
> is on my old G5 (with rampant dual PPC processors, so I have no intention of
> dumping it) or my even older eMac that is locked onto 10.4 so I can run my
> even older still Classic apps.
>
> This written from my relatively old MacBook Pro sporting a new fangled Intel
> processor :)
>
> Alan

Howdy,

The default behavior of the biblatex package is to use the bibtex backend processor so you can still use that package. If you are in need of UTF-8 compatibility you can try using bibtex8 (use the [backend=bibtex8] option to the biblatex package). (If you happen to be using TeXshop I've built an engine that will use bibtex8 rather than bibtex.) So don't let the lack of biber stop you from trying out the biblatex package.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)