[OS X TeX] Wish for TexShop's command completion

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jun 30 23:50:11 CEST 2011

On Jun 30, 2011, at 12:00 PM, Eric van der Oord wrote:

> Could "{",  "(" and "[" be word boundary characters ?
>
> Grateful regards to the Texshop's development team
>
> Eric

Howdy,

First, { and ( already are word boundary characters. However, { (and \ also) behaves a bit differently than the other word boundary characters in that it becomes part of the word. That is so, e.g., writing

\begin{enu

and pressing the trigger can expand to a complete enumerate environment. But ( already works.

We don't have [ as a word boundary character but might consider doing so if there are good examples of how it would be used.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)