[OS X TeX] Differing PDF output on similarly configured Macs

Christopher Menzel cmenzel at tamu.edu
Sun Jun 12 06:25:52 CEST 2011

On Jun 11, 2011, at 7:39 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> On Jun 11, 2011, at 12:09 AM, Christopher Menzel wrote:
>> Greetings OS X TeX folk,
>>
>> I am having trouble figuring out why I'm getting funky PDF output on my Macbook air when I use a custom package (jp.sty) together with pgfpages (*not* pdfpages).
> Howdy,
>
> Is there any way you could create a minimal but compilable sample file that we could test?

Sure thing.  Attached is a three page LaTeX file that compiles nicely to three PDF pages — 2 document pages per PDF page — on my iMac and Linux boxes but which, on my Mac Air, compiles to the mess that can be seen at http://cmenzel.org/pgfpagestest-MacAir.pdf.  (The correctly rendered PDF file that is generated by the attached LaTeX file on my iMac can be found at http://cmenzel.org/pgfpagestest-iMac.pdf.)  I've once again attached the custom jp.sty file that works in concert with pgfpages to get the 2-up PDF output (when things work as they're supposed to).

Thanks for your willingness to have a look.

Chris Menzel