[OS X TeX] FW: MacTeX 2011: Difficulties with installation. With Attachments!

Scott, Randy Scott_Randy at sccollege.edu
Thu Jul 21 22:52:39 CEST 2011

Hi,

If this is a repost, I apologize. I sent the following this morning from home, and then realized that since I'm registered under my school email, it was probably languishing in someone's junk mail folder.

Randy Scott

Good Morning,

Well, darn.

I've been using the MacTex Live 2008 distribution since it was released with no problems. (OK, maybe the occasional hiccup, but nothing I couldn't figure out on my own or with the help of the members of this list.)

So this morning I thought I'd come into the current decade by downloading and installing MacTeX Live 2011.

And that's when the profanity began . . .

I had no problems with the download, and the installer seemed to work just fine. I created a document using the template that I've been successful with hundreds of times, but I can't get anything to behave appropriately. I tried the document in both Texmaker (the attached log file is from that run) and TexShop (which did not even generate a log file.)

Unfortunately, deciphering the log file has exceeded my meager knowledge of internal computer workings.

If I could ask one of you more knowledgeable to take a look at this and offer a suggestion, I'd really appreciate your efforts.

Thanks very much,

Randy Scott
Santiago Canyon College

P.S.

I'm running 10.6.8 on a 2007 iMac with a 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4 Gb of RAM.

I also tried to return to MacTeX Live 2008 by selecting the radio button in the system preferences pane (and I even restarted) but nowthat is not working  either.