[OS X TeX] BBEdit, Lion and TeX

John Rawnsley J.Rawnsley at warwick.ac.uk
Thu Jul 21 08:58:39 CEST 2011

On 2011-07-21, at 04:55, Richard Seguin wrote:

> Has anyone had experience using BBEdit v 9.6.3 on Lion yet? I use it along with Skim and Maarten Sneep's scripts for synching.
>
> I also noticed that BBEdit v 10 has just appeared as a paid upgrade. I wonder if the TeX functions, including color syntax and synching capabilities, are intact and working.

I haven't bought BBEdit 10 yet as I bought BBEdit 9 through the App Store and I haven't been offered any upgrade route through the store.

BBEdit v9.6.3 is working fine on Lion for me with those of Martin's scripts which I use, both for command line processing and to launch OzTeX for its DVI viewer. I have Preview set as the PDF viewer.

I just tried synch between Skim v1.3.15 and BBEdit but it wouldn't work for me in either direction.

All this is with MacTeX2010 as the TeX engine. I'm now going to install MacTeX2011 and see what that breaks… :)