[OS X TeX] Re: ~/Library

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Thu Jul 21 05:25:36 CEST 2011

On Jul 20, 2011, at 6:31 PM, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> chflags nohidden /Users/username/Library
>
> I also have a folder alias in the side bar allowing me easy access to that folder.

I access the library rarely enough from the GUI that I don’t bother making it visible.

Go To Folder => ~/Library works. Go menu+option shows the Library folder as an option, and of course it is always reachable via the command line.

However, I do have these two commands aliased in the shell:

# OS X Lion Libray
alias showlib='chflags nohidden ~/Library'
alias hidelib='chflags hidden ~/Library'

(And yes, I tend to leave it hidden).

--
Hudd: 'I've just done this radio show where I never met any of the other
actors and I didn't understand what any of it was about' Moore: 'Ah, yes