[OS X TeX] Console warnings

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at me.com
Sat Jul 9 11:58:30 CEST 2011

I am writing a textbook and I am now getting to the point where I need to tie loose ends. One thing I do is check the warnings in the console window. I have eliminated all "undefined references" but I still get several warnings and I am not sure if I should be worried about them,  or where I should look for to make them go. The warnings are basically of two types, examples of which are:

Type 1:
[312pdfTeX warning (ext4): destination with th
e same identifier (name{equation.10.1.3}) has been already used, duplicate igno
red
<recently read> \AtBeginShipoutBox

l.139 \begin{equation}
                     \label{ch10_mu_equ}\boxed{]

Type 2:
pdfTeX warning (dest): name{Hfootnote.85} has been referenced but does not exis
t, replaced by a fixed one

Can someone explain what the problem is and what, if anything, I can do about them? There are no obvious problems in the pdf output, as far as I can tell.

Thanks,

Themis