[OS X TeX] Re: Preparing large non-tex text for use in latex

Peter Vamos P.Vamos at exeter.ac.uk
Sat Jul 2 17:44:07 CEST 2011

At 12:31 +0100 2/7/11, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

>I would love to use Alpha's filters for this kind of purpose,

BBEdit has a similar capability called  `Text Factory'

>The only reasons why I hesitate are ...
>
>... can Alpha deal with UTF-8 today?
>... can Alpha do a non-irrevocable line wrap ("soft wrap")?

Yes for both for BBEdit.
BBEdit is a paid for software but has a free `lite' version called
Text Wrangler but I don't know if this has the Text Factory or not
You can check this on their website or just download Text Wrangler
and see. It does have multifile search and replace though, including
regular expression and  automator support so you might be able to
simulate the Text factory features.

Peter