[OS X TeX] TeX on Mac Wiki

Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD joseph.slater at wright.edu
Fri Jan 28 01:35:00 CET 2011

The TeX on Mac Wiki has been subject to a concerted "hidden SPAM" attack for the past 24 hours with 15-25 fake accounts created and associated SPAM pages generated. To my knowledge, all damage has been undone. Please notify one of this if we missed anything.

Because of the attack we have temporarily suspended account creation. Current account owners can still edit. We are considering solutions and will announce our decision when it is reached. Implementation may result in temporary inconvenience in editing, and will surely result in some inconvenience in obtaining an account for new users.

We appreciate your patience and assistance while we address this problem.

Joe Slater (for the TeX on Mac editors team)