[OS X TeX] Figures & Tables - Miscellaneous Issues

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jan 27 23:25:04 CET 2011

Am 27.01.2011 um 19:39 schrieb KHALID NADIRI:

> Any suggestions here?

I was wrong with the assumption that longtable allowed a separate
header definition, so instead of one make two tables:

%\begin{longtable}{@{\rule[-6.75ex]{0ex}{15ex}}|m{60mm}!{\color{orange}
\vline}m{80mm}|}
\begin{longtable}{|m{.5\textwidth}!{\color{orange}\vline}m{.
675\textwidth}|}\hline
\rowcolor[gray]{.93}
\textbf{Time Period} & \textbf{Research Items} \\\hline
\end{longtable}\vspace*{-5.25ex}
\begin{longtable}{@{\rule[-6.75ex]{0ex}{15ex}}|m{.5\textwidth}!
{\color{orange}\vline}m{.675\textwidth}|}
June 2011 -- December 2011    & Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
BlahBlah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah \\\hline
December 2011 -- January 2012 & Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
BlahBlah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah \\\hline
January 2012 -- March 2012    & Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
BlahBlah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah\\\hline
\end{longtable}

(I prefer the \hline's at the lines' ends to be able to insert
rectangular regions of text – or to remove them. And also vertically
lined up &'s, when there's more than three or four of them.)

--
Greetings

   Pete

				– Schopenhauer