[OS X TeX] Find n TS

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jan 19 14:14:15 CET 2011

On Jan 19, 2011, at 6:40 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> On Jan 16, 2011, at 10:40 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:
>
>> On Jan 16, 2011, at 10:03 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>>
>>> You can do that two ways. You can have the Find wrap or you can set the search to start at the top of the file. I've attached a screen shot of my OgreKit Find setup. I've also opened up the More Options (it's toggled to Less Options in the picture) so you can see other things I've set. I use a wrapped find starting at the cursor. Choose what you want.
>>
>> I knew that, except that somehow I could not get the preference to stick between TS sessions and had to recheck that box each time. Or maybe I was hallucinating...  Now it seems that the preference sticks.
>>

> I was not hallucinating, after all. Although I did set the OgreKit to search from the top three days ago, right now it has reverted back to the cursor! I restarted my laptop between then and now, I don't know if this is what did it.
>
> Themis

Howdy,

Don't know what to tell you. It would be hard to believe that could change since the state of the OgreKitFind is saved in TeXShop's Preferences. I tried changing the state to the top of file rather than the cursor and it stuck, rebooted and it still stuck. Did you quit TeXShop before shutting down? I don't think that would make a difference either since the OS sends a signal to all the open apps to shut down before it shuts down the computer. Unfortunately one would need a way to reproduce the behavior.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)