[OS X TeX] Configuring LaTeX produced PDF's for a Kindle

David Derbes loki at uchicago.edu
Wed Jan 5 06:49:49 CET 2011

To follow up a little bit: A poster (I forget whom) said that the PDF's imported into Kindle did not always have equations transfer correctly. Now, admittedly I didn't need really fancy stuff, but I looked fairly carefully at the 284 pages of my physics textbook imported into my wife's Kindle 3, and I did not see any equation that was imported incorrectly.

This was the Kindle 3, and a fairly recent one at that. I simply do not know if I was lucky, or maybe just used such a small set of math primitives that the PDF was handled correctly.

It could be that the newer Kindles do a better job with PDF's. I'm going to try the geometry package and see how that goes. I'll let the list know, but it will have to wait a bit, I'm swamped at work.

David Derbes
U of Chicago Laboratory Schools