[OS X TeX] word count in pdf file

Adam M. Goldstein z_californianus-dated-1294607989.e4c6e6 at shiftingbalance.org
Tue Jan 4 22:19:39 CET 2011

I personally resort to the crude tactic of using the finder to select all the PDF text and dropping it into Bean, which does the count. Clearly this doesn't account for headers, page no's etc. Or, pdf to text, then run wc. Again not perfect.

This topic has been discussed many times in great detail on the list and so searching the list archive would definitely be productive.

Best
Adam

Adam M. Goldstein PhD, MSLIS
z_californianus at shiftingbalance.org