[OS X TeX] Pandoc

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 16:04:19 CET 2011

Has anyone had experience with Pandoc? <http://johnmacfarlane.net/
pandoc/>

I just found out about it: "If you need to convert files from one
markup format into another, pandoc is your swiss-army knife. [...]
Pandoc is free software, released under the GPL. © 2006–2011 John
MacFarlane."

I tried it on the site and it was impressive enough that I wanted to
download it to give it a real try BUT:
> Pandoc is in the MacPorts, Debian, Ubuntu, Slackware, Arch, Fedora,
> NetBSD, and FreeBSD ports repositories. Note that the version of
> pandoc in these repositories may not be the most recent. There is
> also a Windows installer.
>
> If an up-to-date package is not available for your system, an
> excellent way to install the latest release of pandoc is to install
> the Haskell platform on your system, then use the cabal tool:
>
> cabal update
> cabal install pandoc
> This will download and compile pandoc and all of its dependencies.
> If you want syntax highlighting support, add the flag -
> fhighlighting. If you do not want to install the wrapper script
> markdown2pdf, add -f-wrappers.

So, it is not for me but since there have been threads about
conversion, I thought I might mention it.

Very regretful regards

--schremmer