[OS X TeX] Which OS X fonts with matching math fonts?

luci at verbeia.com luci at verbeia.com
Thu Feb 24 23:46:35 CET 2011

> On Feb 22, 2011, at 3:44 AM, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
>
> I updated my mathsamples document recently. Among other things it provides
> a number of one page samples of Hoefler Text with various math packages,
> both free and otherwise. IMO, Hoefler Text is very sharp looking, with
> many great features, but the fact that the only bold provided is a Black
> weight makes for a disconcerting contrast on the page. It combines quite
> well with the (free) Mathtime Pro 2 Lite math fonts from pctex, as long as
> you don't use bold greek letters, which have to be simulated.
>
> http://math.ucsd.edu/~msharpe/mathsamples.pdf
>
> Michael

Michael, there are some packages and font support in your examples that
I'm not aware of, particular the adobecaslon package. They don't seem to
be on CTAN either, or at least not that I saw on a quick check. Has
someone actually created support files for the fonts in the Adobe Type
Basics package?

Luci