[OS X TeX] Two problems with TeXworks

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Feb 23 09:38:54 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm choosing this list since these problems are quite specific to TeXworks on OS
X. I'm using 0.2.3 (r466) as shipped with MacTeX 2010.

First, I noticed that when I "close" TeXworks by using the red button at the top
left of the main window, I can't reopen it later from the dock as I would do
with any other application (firefox, safari, OOo, etc). I need to first quit it
(either right clic -> quit from the dock or cmd-Q from inside the app). Am I
doing anything wrong? Is it a (known) bug?

Second, the "File -> Save As" menu provides a dialog box with a "Where" dropbox
with standard places (desktop, home, apps, etc.) and recently used places but
AFAICS no way to choose an arbitrary place to save the file. On Linux, this
dialog box allows me to easily browse folders. I assume I'm missing some bit of
common OS X culture to be able to use the OS X TeXworks dialog box in the same
way. Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks,
Manuel.