[OS X TeX] Which OS X fonts with matching math fonts?

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Feb 22 19:08:08 CET 2011

Hi,

Le 22/02/2011 15:00, Michael Ummels a écrit :
> you can also take a look at this article by Steven Hartke, which lists
> some free math fronts (and accompanying text fonts):
>
> http://ctan.tug.org/tex-archive/info/Free_Math_Font_Survey/survey.html
>
> All of them work with regular (pdf)latex, so they do not require
> XeTeX. For example, to use Palatino, you just need to put
> \usepackage{mathpazo} in the preamble of your document.

Yep, sure, that's what I'm doing usually, and it works with XeTeX too. What I
actually wanted to ask is: in addition to the well-known free fonts usable on
any platform with any TeX engine, is there any font provided with OS X which is
particularly worth trying and looks fine with one of the existing free math fonts?

> If you use XeTeX, an alternative would be to use Palatino (which comes
> with Mac OS) together with the Asana Math font using unicode-math, see
> here: http://ctan.org/pkg/unicode-math.

Right, but for now I'd rather not recommend unicode-math to a beginner, it looks
a bit too experimental to me.

Thanks,
Manuel.