[OS X TeX] Tex.mdimporter problem

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Feb 19 12:50:33 CET 2011

On Feb 19, 2011, at 4:10 AM, Eric van der Oord wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have installed texlive and texshop on a new mac, via mactex.
>
> Then I installed all my old TeX files.
>
> All my TeX files are encoded in mac roman.
>
> Spotlight does not index any *tex nor *mp file (old or new !)
>
> The Tex.mdimporter is in /Library/spotlight.
>
> I've forced a new index of all files, with no result.
>
> Is that a known issue ? Any help ?
>
> Eric

Howdy,

I don't think there is any need to install the TeX.mdimporter at all; it's built into TeXShop. Don't know if that interferes with the operation or not. Where are your .tex files? I'm not at all sure Spotlight will index files in /usr/... so the TeX distribution won't get indexed.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)