[OS X TeX] Re: Installing unstable packages

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Fri Feb 18 06:08:24 CET 2011

On Feb 17, 2011, at 5:48 PM, Theo Moore wrote:

> I then tried to copy the pgfplots folder to
> /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-var and run texhash again. But again,
> the pgfplots package did not seem to install correctly.
>
> Can anybody help me diagnose the problem?

Here's a script to install the unstable distribution in texmfvar. Modify the last line to correspond to the path to your downloaded zip file (omit the .zip). Then copy the script below and paste it into a Terminal window,

mkdir -p ~/Library/texlive/2010/texmf-var
cd ~/Library/texlive/2010/texmf-var
unzip ~/Downloads/pgfplots_unstable.tds

Michael