[OS X TeX] Two questions - TeXShop searching the preview and grep

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Tue Feb 15 02:06:20 CET 2011

Hi Pete,

Dick Koch was pretty close. Well actually he answered my vague
question although I am not using hyperref. Thanks :)

On 15/02/2011, at 11:37 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 14.02.2011 um 06:51 schrieb Alan T Litchfield:
>
>> In referring to TeXShop, maybe it has always done it or not, but
>> the Find function does not work in the preview. Correct?
>

> No. Recently this year we had a thread about the find drawer. Or
> we're talking about two different things.

I was obviously out of the room during that. I had not even considered
that such a function might be associated with a drawer and had assumed
the preview would respond to something like ⌘-f if it was at the
front (consistent with the rest of the program).

There is a reason for my asking. What I really desire is a find/
replace function that is able to follow linked files from a root file.
The preview allows me to view the whole document so I can at least
find instances and ⌘-click them to open at the point where changes
need to be made. Half the task is possible and manual intervention
fills the gap for now.

Cheers
Alan