[OS X TeX] TEST - please ignore

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Feb 11 17:01:04 CET 2011

On Feb 11, 2011, at 9:43 AM, Berend Hasselman wrote:

> On 11-02-2011, at 16:30, Chris Goedde wrote:
>
>> Wait. You mean the outcome of that discussion was to start auto-inserting a notice at the beginning of every email to the list? That can't possibly be true. Please, dear God, do not do this. That is a terrible, terrible idea.
>
> I second that. I don't like the new header at all.
> Please let's keep the old header and clearly remind hijackers that they shouldn't hijack.
> It doesn't happen that often.
> I'ld rather live with the occasional hijack (on the list of course:-)) than with the new header at the top of every mail.
>
> Berend

Howdy,

Have to admit I agree. Maybe add a link to the etiquette page to the footer. I'm a bit worried that between the header and footer the message will be ``lost'' and, sometimes, may take up less space then the two combined.

When I pointed out that there was a hijack I wasn't trying to be nasty just add a small comment AFTER answering the OP's question. A gentle push rather than a shove.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)