[OS X TeX] My Soap Box

Michael Welsh yomcat at yomcat.geek.nz
Fri Feb 11 05:16:25 CET 2011

On 11/02/2011, at 2:33 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

>> Just starting to type "TeX... " will not give anything
>> unless you have already stored the address in the Address Book,
>> or have sent an email to it previously.
>> To a newbie posting for the first time, this method is useless.
>>

> That's not true. Mail also remembers e-mail address from messages it received that aren't in the Address Book. It's actually eerie to see it bring up some things.
Doesn't work in my version of Mail, and I can't recall it ever working. Every address I've ever sent to, sure. Just not every address I've received from.

A "better" (different) way is to click the mailing list's address in the info bar thingy above the message and then "New Message".

Michael

--
http://yomcat.geek.nz