[OS X TeX] My Soap Box

Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD joseph.slater at wright.edu
Fri Feb 11 02:47:14 CET 2011

On Feb 10, 2011, at 5:37 PM, Richard Koch wrote:

> Folks,
>
> <snip>
>
> I know the etiquette page says "Please do not start a new
> thread (with the corresponding new subject) by replying to a post from another thread."
> This message is too vague. It should say "Please do not start a new thread by
> replying to a post from another thread. Even if you change the
> subject, mail will mark reply messages as belonging to the original thread. You
> must write use the "New" button to start a new thread."
>
> I'd personally add "it makes no sense, but there is nothing we can do about it."

I agree (also with Herb). Gary is the only one who can touch that page (I got locked out years ago by security Nazis... thus the wiki). We have a similar page (evolved from his) on the wiki that this could be addressed in. However, it doesn't even mention threads, and it's not the one linked to in the footer.

http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/wiki/index.php/TeX_on_Mac_OS_X_mailing_list

Joe