[OS X TeX] epstopdf problem - restricted mode

Christian Pleul chrisptex at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 9 17:38:13 CET 2011

Hi list,

Suddenly I experienced a problem with the eps to pdf conversion.

As usual, I just dropped an image to the "img" folder (subfolder of the tex file) and used pdflatex (OS 10.6.6., TextMate, TeX Live (updated)). Then the following error appeared:

!!! Error: Output filename '../img/logo-eps-converted-to.pdf' not allowed in restricted mode.

If I add "-shell-escape" to the option of TextMate, it works out fine.

It is strange, cause I have done this with the same file and folder system often before. Could somebody help me out here?

Best
--
	Christian

-We've really achieved the ideal of what I wanted Microsoft to become.-
Bill Gates, June 2008