[OS X TeX] sync

Ulrich Groh ugroh at mac.com
Fri Feb 4 18:52:07 CET 2011

I know, this question has been asked several times, but it is not working as described.

Problem: master-file: master.tex, source-file: foo.tex with

% !TEX root = master.tex

at the begin of the foo.tex file
(also done this using the sidebar; I have a german system, therefore I don't know the exact english name).

compiling foo.tex -> working
compiling master.tex -> working

Editing foo.tex and work with the apple-key/mouse -> the first time I will get the location in the pdf-file as described.
Do this a second time: no reaction (right mouse click + sync : no reaction)

Editing master.pdf with apple-key and mouse: no reaction.

In the case I produce an error (e.g. setting \textbff instead of \textbf) and compile foo.tex, the the compiling process stops (as expected). But when I now try to go to th error location (mouse click on the ^(apple key)E in the console display), I will end in the master.tex file somewhere (by the way: How to enter the ^(Apple-key)E with the keyboard; german one?).

Some help available? Soprry, if this has been answered already. But I looked into the archive ...

Ulrich