[OS X TeX] Uninstalling an earlier installation

Don Green Dragon fergdc at Shaw.ca
Thu Dec 29 21:19:37 CET 2011

Hi Herb,

>> <<snip>>In view of the fact that I'm using MacTeX 2011 and TeXShop 2.43 without any problems, I assume there should be no problems with deleting
>>
>> /usr/local/texlive/2009
>> /usr/local/texlive/2010
>>
>> and thereby saving some 5.0GB. Right?

> Howdy,
>
> That will work just fine. I'd first make sure that you are, in fact, using the TeX Live 2011 by checking the System Preferences->TeX Distribution preference pane.

I checked in <System Preferences->TeX Distribution> before and after (the deletion), and after a short whirl with TeXShop concluded that all is well.  :-)

Don Green Dragon
fergdc at Shaw.ca