[OS X TeX] Greek fonts

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Tue Dec 13 18:06:35 CET 2011

On Dec 12, 2011, at 9:50 PM, R Martinez wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I will appreciate suggestions for Greek math fonts. I'm asking because I don't like the default fonts I get with the commands listed below. I particularly do not like kappa and chi, both of which I want to use.
>
> \usepackage{lmodern}
> \usepackage{amsmath, amssymb,amsthm}
>
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage{textcomp}
> \usepackage{mathrsfs}
>
> Thanks in advance.

It's worth taking a look as MathTime Pro 2 Lite---free from http://www.pctex.com. The Lite version allows access to both upright and slanted Greek along with an extensive collection of math symbols, all in 3 optical sizes. They are best suited to text fonts of heavier weight than CM, like Times. The Wolfram fonts from http://support.wolfram.com/technotes/latestfonts.en.html are also heavier than CM and may have pieces you like.

Michael