[OS X TeX] Texshop and Lion

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at me.com
Tue Aug 23 20:03:35 CEST 2011

In Lion, when I open a latex file that contains the %!TEX root line, and if the source file does not exist, an empty root file opens that has the name of the non-exisiting root. If I remember correctly, in Snow Leopard texshop would complain if the root file could not be found. Is this a Lion "feature",  or something that can be controlled via TS?

Another (and very minor) behavior that's related: I usually have the root file hidden, so when I open a tex source linked to that root, the root obediently does a genie and hides in the dock. The first time I open TS, the root file is shown on the dock by a miniature image of the teashop application (screenshot). If I unhide and hide it again, its image on the dock becomes the familiar image of the first page of the document.  I guess another Lion feature?

Thanks