[OS X TeX] gtamacfonts as of present

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Tue Aug 16 17:48:49 CEST 2011

On Aug 16, 2011, at 8:23 AM, Nathan Paxton wrote:

> 	Hi all,
>
> 	I know that gtamacfonts has, in essence, been deprecated, in that it requires Tiger versions of the fonts and so forth. Or at least, in reading http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2011-March/046719.html it seems that using gtamacfonts is more trouble than it's worth anymore.
>
> 	But I do have old latex files that use gtamacfonts to get, for example, Optima as a sans-serif font. If I want to keep using the fonts I used from gtamacfonts (primarily optima, but a couple of others on occasion; reasonable facsimiles are fine by me), what's the best and/or easiest way to do such?
>
> 	Thanks in advance for all help.

If you installed gtamacfonts under Tiger, they should continue to work just fine. If you really want to install the package now, your best bet is to take the original fonts from a Tiger installation disk. You need them only to run the installer script.

The Classico package on CTAN (/fonts/urw/classico) is in any case a pretty good substitute for Optima.

Michael