[OS X TeX] xelatex fail with TeX Live 2011

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Aug 16 15:08:20 CEST 2011

On Aug 16, 2011, at 7:44 AM, Antonio Fortin wrote:

> Herbert Schulz wrote:

>>> Here's the log.
>>>
>>> -Antonio
>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> You might bring this up on the tex-live list too. At this point I
>> don't see anything wrong with your system right now.
>>
>> Could you run the enclosed version (it contains \listfiles) and
>> compare the list it generates to the one I get:
>
> Unfortunately, the run doesn't get as far as listing files. I've
> attached the log, which is pretty much identical to the one
> I'd sent previously.
>
> I'll try on the tex-live list. Thanks for your help, Herb.
>
> Cheers,
> Antonio

Howdy,

I just noticed that the expl3 package is coming from an expl3 directory. This was changed a while back to a new version in an l3kernel directory and there were some problems with deleting the original versions of the l3 files. That was corrected but I don't know why the older files still exist in your system. I don't know who to fix that up so going to the tex-live list makes a lot of sense.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)