[OS X TeX] xelatex fail with TeX Live 2011

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Aug 15 19:27:16 CEST 2011

On Aug 15, 2011, at 12:13 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 15.08.2011 um 13:57 schrieb Antonio Fortin:
>
>> Can you recommend a server that might be more up-to-date?
>
> No, I haven't updated since weeks. (Look for the mostly ones on your country. TLU, when I tried it, was a bit irritating and I needed the log output to believe it was working with "my" server; tlmgr, when used with its GUI, is irritating as well, best it's used from the command line as 'tlmgr --repository *url|path* ...'.)

Howdy,

I guess I don't understand what you mean.

You can set whatever repository you wish TLU to use when running tlmgr in its Preferences. You can even check off that the repository becomes the default for tlmgr so you don't need to put in the repository each time you use it from the CLI. You always have the log available in the bottom pane (in the TLU betas just open the Log window, position as you wish and from then one it will go there when you open TLU).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)