[OS X TeX] mathtime not working (for the upteenth time)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Apr 22 00:28:09 CEST 2011

On Apr 21, 2011, at 5:14 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> On Apr 21, 2011, at 5:55 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>>> I place my Lucida and MathTime fonts in ~/Library/texmf and I make them available via the script:
>>>
>>> #!/bin/bash
>>> updmap --nohash --nomkmap --syncwithtrees
>>> updmap --nohash --nomkmap --enable Map mtpro2.map
>>> updmap --nohash --nomkmap --enable Map lucida.map
>>> updmap --nohash --nomkmap --enable Map iffonts.map
>>> updmap --nohash --nomkmap --enable Map MinionPro.map
>>> updmap --nohash --nomkmap --enable Map pmy.map
>>> updmap
>>> echo 'The script updatedontmapfiles.sh is finished.'
>>>
>>> I hope this helps.
>>>
>>> Gary
>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Since that sets up a personal, rather than system-wide, map file how do you have TeX Live Utility or tlmgr set up so necessary runs of updmap rather than updmap-sys are used when necessary?
>
> Good question. :-(
>
> What should I be doing?
>
> Gary

Howdy,

Hey, I asked you first! :-)

I know that TeX Live Utility has a check box in it's Preferences that says ``install updates for all users'' but I'm not sure what that does. I don't know enough about tlmgr directly to say what that will do.

If you don't share your computer with other users you can do what I do. I put all personal fonts (e.g., Lucida, mathtime pro, etc.) in the texmf-local branch, make sure to run `sudo texhash' and use `sudo updmap-sys' or `sudo -H updmap-sys'. If you want to keep your personal fonts in your personal texmf tree, as you do now, and don't mind using the system-wide map to point to your fonts (this is what I used to do with gwtex) use `sudo updmap-sys' (DON'T use the `-H') to enable you personal fonts map files; this need only be done once and only has to be repeated if you install a new version of MacTeX(TeX Live).

I'm probably being clear as mud.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)