[OS X TeX] texdoc: command not found

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Apr 21 23:48:08 CEST 2011

On Apr 21, 2011, at 2:49 PM, Hugh Neary wrote:

> Hi
>
> When I try to use the texdoc command in the terminal I get the following reply
>
> host108-195:~ moi$ texdoc geometry
> -bash: texdoc: command not found
>
> Before I installed the current MacTex texdoc was available automagically as part of the installed tex environment (last year's MacTex). How do I switch it on now?
>

> Thanks
>
> Hugh Neary

Howdy,

Are you sure you've got the path correct (is /usr/texbin in the path and is, e.g., pdftex found in Terminal)? Have you updated you 2010 distribution using TeX Live Utility or tlmgr?

I'm running TL-2010 (via a MacTeX-2010 install and TeX Live Utility update to latest updates) and have no problem using texdoc in Terminal or even in TeXShop (Help->Show Help for Package… is a simple front end for texdoc with no options).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)