[OS X TeX] Using align with "or"

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Mon Apr 18 08:40:01 CEST 2011

Le 18 avr. 2011 à 04:04, Ross Moore a écrit :

> On 18/04/2011, at 11:39 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>
>>> Try  The LaTeX Companion    1st or 2nd editions.
>>
>> But Companion two does not even mention \alignat. I just looked because I had been "doing it by hand", that is with a lot of \hspaces, and wanted to know if I had missed it.
>
> You're right. It isn't in the 2nd edition, but is in the 1st.
> (I had mine packed away to take to a LaTeX Workshop that I'm
> giving today, so didn't check before replying.)

Hi Ross, Alain,

Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't noticed (and like Ross I haven't my copy of the Companion at hand).

Usually for amsmath I just look at the built-in doc from TeX Live, which can be accessed through several ways: Cmd-Alt-I then "amsmath" in TeXShop, "texdoc amsmamth" in Terminal, or /Library/TeX/Documentation/texmf-dist-doc/latex/amsmath/amsldoc.pdf in the Finder. It's still mentioning alignat, though given what Ross pointed out I'm wondering now what this brings that align doesn't.

Bruno