[OS X TeX] Re: TeX and 10.6.7

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Tue Apr 12 15:44:25 CEST 2011

Le 12 avr. 2011 à 15:24, Phil Nelson a écrit :

> Previously I would extract a few pages from a big document by using
> "Print to PDF" from TeXshop, or by extracting pages in Preview and
> saving.
>
> My new plan is to let TeXshop create the full document, then extract
> pages in Adobe Acrobat.

Another possibility is the excellent pdfpages LaTeX package, which can extract and recombine in any possible way pages from a PDF file, and also work not only with PDF but also with any file format than pdfTeX and XeTeX can import (PNG, JPG, etc.).

For an example of use that should appeal to a physicist or to a mathematician, see <http://people.maths.ox.ac.uk/~macdonald/aands/> (the TeX source is inside the tar.gz archive). The same approach was used at <http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~aps/research/projects/as/>, though the source is not given.

That said, I don't know whether/how pdfLaTeX is affected by the OS X bug.

Bruno Voisin