[OS X TeX] beameruserguide

Dr. Clea F. Rees cfrees at imapmail.org
Thu Sep 30 01:58:16 CEST 2010

I was using beamer in a major way for the first time since updating  o
TL 2010 and discovered that beameruserguide.pdf no longer includes an
index. Looking at the source, it seems that an index should be built so
I copied the contents of the doc directory to /tmp and tried running
make. This fails, however, because make looks for files concerning
themes which it cannot find and which do not, in fact, seem to exist on
my system (locate cannot  find hem).

Fortunately, I still have TL 2009 but can anybody tell me how I can
build the documentation to include the index? Since the manual is  40
pages I rely rather heavily on this feature. (In effect, the manual is
almost useless to me without it although I'm sure it makes a good read.)

Thanks,
cfr