[OS X TeX] wrapfig problem

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at me.com
Tue Sep 14 14:02:28 CEST 2010

On Sep 13, 2010, at 5:51 PM, Ross Moore wrote:

> Hi Themis,
>
> On 14/09/2010, at 4:46 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:
>
>> I am using wrapfigure but I have run into a problem. Apparently, sometimes a figure is moved to a place that causes latex to quit without producing a pdf. The error message is:
>>
>> [8
>> ./proposal.tex:326: pdfTeX error (ext4): \pdfendlink ended up in different nest
>> ing level than \pdfstartlink.
>> \AtBegShi at Output ...ipout \box \AtBeginShipoutBox
>>                                                 \fi \fi
>
> This coding is related to creating extended hyperlink anchors.
> Are you trying to make the image into a clickable link?
> Yes, that can be tricky, and there are additional rules about
> where the \pdfstartlink and \pdfendlink can occur.

No, the image is not clickable but citations are clickable (I am using hyperref with backref option) and there are some in the text surrounding the image. It did not occur to me to comment out hyperref to see if this makes the conflict disappear.

> Please provide an example of your coding, so that we can
> test this kind of strategy.

I will have to play around with that because the conditions that cause this conflict are not easy to reproduce.

Themis